Monday, December 12, 2005

So it begins...

Lately, I've been teaching myself to plan, to budget, and to schedule. I've always sucked at those things. Always. Granted, I'm learning to do this on a small scale, first. A very small scale. Want to know how, exactly? Comic books. Seriously. I am a relatively recent convert, a newbie fangirl to the medium. That's not to say I never read comics before. I practically grew up on the daily strips (Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, Doonesbury and, to a lesser extent, Bloom County and Pogo.) but never ventured into the monthly superhero mags.

So, I've been keeping a weekly schedule, deciding what to pull (I have an actual pull list now, if you can imagine.), figuring out how much I'm spending a week, trying to keep it within certain limits, deciding what's worth reading... Well, okay, it sounds lame, but like I said. I suck at this. So this is a good habit to learn, and boy does it make my Wednesdays rewarding! It really does. I have something to look forward to every week. Never had that before, not really. (Depression-anxiety thing. You know how it is.)

Maybe if I can keep up a comic book pull schedule, I can keep up a blog. I have a few aborted attempts out there. Maybe this one will actually stick. Maybe next post (and there will be one, gods willing) will contain more than ramblings.

Maybe.

1 comment:

sunflower said...

=) Wednesdays and Thursdays are my version of .. well .. Wednesdays.