Monday, June 26, 2006

On 21 June, 2006

FIFA? Meet Marvel. Marvel? FIFA:


I'm also cheering for France and Sweden. Rooting for the USA is kind of futile at this point, but why not be a little patriotic, right?

No reviews for last week's comics. I just didn't have the motivation to write about my hodgepodge little pile. (How do people do this week after week?) Seriously, this is supposed to be a fun activity, and when reading the latest issue of Manhunter starts to feel like a chore, it's time to take a break. You know. Sit back, eat some popcorn, watch David Beckham score the game-winning goal (on a free kick) against Ecuador, watch him ralph all over the pitch, see if Wayne Rooney can play the full 90 (plus stoppage time) in 90 degree heat, watch Beckham ralph some more, watch them finally pull the guy off the field (in like the 85th minute) to get some water so he doesn't die before quarter-finals...

You get the idea. I took a football break. I am rested. So maybe if I get on a role with this week's pile, I'll slip in reviews of:

All-Star Superman #4
The Flash: Fastest Man Alive #1
Giant-Size Hulk #1
Haunt of Horror: Edgar Allen Poe #2
Manhunter #23

And if I don't, well, you really aren't missing anything.

Actually, I was motivated enough to scan this week's memorable moment, which comes from Giant-Sized Hulk #1. Enjoy!



Tentative checklist for 28 June, 2006
All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #6
Amazing Spider-Man #533
Blue Beetle #4
Civil War: Front Line #2
Fantastic Four #538
Nextwave #6
Runaways #17

No comments: