But... enough about that. Let's move on to Stephanie Meyer.
I decided to read Twilight, just to see first-hand what all the fuss is about. I have to admit, I went in predisposed to dislike the thing (I've been reading funny internet critiques, you see, thank you Willow), and... well... Prophesy fulfilled. Granted, I've only read the prologue, and the first chapter, so things may change. But I'm not counting on it, because this is "First Sight" (i.e., Chapter 1) summarized:
- Mom's a flake.
- Dad's monosyllabic.
- Bella's really pale.
- She's also a klutz.
- With a really loud truck.
- And all the boys are drawn to her.
- Except Edward Cullen.
- Who is even paler than Bella.
- And who seems to hate her.
- Which might make him the only sane person in Forks.
- Which is a terribly rainy place.
- Bella misses the sun.
- So why'd she move away from Arizona, again?
- Maybe I'll learn that next chapter.
Right. Back to attempting to study now.