- Yes, Forks students, by all means tease Bella about the fainting spell.
- Ohh, Edward, where are you?
- Bella has an enemy. A blonde enemy.
- Time to go to the beach! And it's sunny!
- Pretty beach.
- Mike is a nice boy, Bella, you idiot.
- Dare you defy Edward and brave the tide pools???
- Sure. Better than braving evil blonde Lauren.
- Geez. I'm not exactly graceful, but even I don't fall all the damned time.
- Not even in the woods.
- Maybe Bella has an undiagnosed neurological condition.
- That would explain some things.
- Native Americans join the party!
- Another boy, Jacob, notices Bella.
- That makes... Five now?
- Well, five that are named.
- Jacob is pretty.
- And he's a mechanic.
- And he's a story-teller.
- A good one.
- Bella gets a scary vampire story.
- It's clearly an important plot point.
- And she gets a new friend.
- It starts to rain just in time for the beach party to leave.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Reading notes for Chapter 6 ("Scary Stories") of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight: